Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brides

Ok, here's a very clearly wedding-oriented post.  I find myself speaking with brides who are looking for the services of a wedding photographer.  I photograph weddings.  This should be a good mix, right?  Well, maybe/maybe not.  Some brides are doing their homework and some are not.  The ones that are not seem to simply ask their friends who did their wedding and, if they like the images, call the photog and ask the price.  If the price is within their budget for photography, they make a deal.  Now, don't get me wrong: word of mouth advertising is the best, but this method of hiring someone to document one of the most important days in your life? Hmmm....not so much.  I frequently find myself encouraging the client to look around, do some homework, see what's available, then talk to me again.  ASK QUESTIONS!!!  LOTS OF QUESTIONS!  To that end, I'm in the process of constructing a short list of questions every bride should be asking prospective photographers prior to hiring them.  I'm even asking for help from former clients who, in my opinion, did their homework before hiring me.  I'll eventually make this list available as a downloadable PDF which any bride or groom can grab from my website for their personal use in making informed choices about the photographer they hire.  Anyone who would like to have input on this list is hereby invited to comment on my blog.  I reserve the right to agree or disagree (which translates to us/not use) your comments.  :)  This is gonna be fun!

Ed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ed! Been outrageously busy... I'll definately help you with the questions. We are so up for another photography session. We are planning an east coast trip in the fall and that includes going down through Bathurst and Moncton. We can definately meet up somewhere. We love to pose... especially together! ;-) By the way, here are some quotes from us that you can use as we are some very satisfied customers. As per John, you did an absolutely superb job. I think that there is absolutely nothing that I would change about our outstanding albums. You guys were great. Your work was awesome. Your communication and committment to us was true, real and sincere. Thank you for everything! Jenny and John